The above drawing of Chesterton House was made in 1798, with the picture being drawn by Mr J Carter. The original of this picture is in the British Museum. The sketch was made as Chesterton House was up for sale at that time. Sadly, the house was demolished some ten years or so later. Parts of the building still survive to this day however. The gatehouse now stands in Alwalton, at the side of the old school, and is owned by the Nnational Trust as a holiday home. A window in Elton Hhall Library comes from the old Chesterton House, as well as other parts which still stand to this day at the nearby Lynch Farm Riding School.